Bible & Culture BERLIN
1-15 July 2018 - Woltersdorf, Berlin
Things are changing
This year we have reduced the Bible and Culture course from 4 weeks to 2 weeks.
The hope is that by doing this more of you who have limited vacation time each year will be able to attend. It is a unique training opportunity for Christian graduates, students and volunteers to learn better how exactly Jesus reigns as 'Lord of All' from Monday through Saturday as well as on Sunday mornings.
The aim is for each of us to grow in confidence in God and to learn a little more about the ways we can serve Him and bring glory to Him in every area of our lives and every sector of society.
As always this will all take place in an amazing multi-national Christian community in a beautiful lakeside house in Woltersdorf on the outskirts of Berlin.
If you are interested in the Bible & Culture Rome course (taught in Italian) please click here.
Over the course of the 2 weeks we will look at the following:
- Breaking down the sacred/secular divide. Helping people to see that the workplace (inc. university) is of equal importance to God as our church activity. The emphasis will be on being salt and light and becoming more effective ambassadors for Christ in every aspect of our lives.
- So what? If Jesus Christ is Lord of all...To understand that if we are proclaiming Christ as Lord then we have a responsibility to investigate what this looks like over every domain of life.
- Build trust in the Lord. To develop our awareness of the character of God in order to understand his faithfulness and dependability in future circumstances.
- Develop awareness of the way culture shapes our reaction to Jesus. Life philosophy; what does our world believe and how is that different to what be believe?
- How to live well now in the shadow of eternity. One of the characteristics of our time is that people (including Christians) often appear to be living for an eternity of experience within a finite lifespan. Part of our worldview is to understand what impact the Christian hope of eternity makes to our priorities for life today, which is why we teach Revelation.
Week 1, Mon-Weds: The course team teach Biblical worldview and contemporary culture - looking for similarity and conflict to understand our role in the world.
Week 1, Thurs & Fri: Two options of culture modules run by expert teachers.
Week 2, Mon & Tues: Two options of culture modules run by expert teachers.
Week 2, Weds-Fri: On Wednesday and Thursday we teach right through one book of the Bible - usually Revelation. On Friday and Saturday morning we teach through 1 Peter and use this as a springboard for individual reflection.
In the evenings we will have a light programme of tutor groups, films and cafes.
Cost and registration
The cost this year will be €500.
As ever we will fundraise to subsidise the real cost of the programme and also to enable those participants to come for whom this course fee is prohibitive. If you would like to be part of B&C 2018 but cannot afford it please get in touch.
Watch this short film to see what other people have been doing on Bible and Culture.