Over the course of the week we will look at the following:
Breaking down the sacred/secular divide. Helping people to see that the workplace (inc. university) is of equal importance to God as our church activity. The emphasis will be on being salt and light and becoming more effective ambassadors for Christ in every aspect of our lives.
So what? If Jesus Christ is Lord of all...To understand that if we are proclaiming Christ as Lord then we have a responsibility to investigate what this looks like over every domain of life.
Build trust in the Lord. To develop our awareness of the character of God in order to understand his faithfulness and dependability in future circumstances.
Develop awareness of the way culture shapes our reaction to Jesus. Life philosophy; what does our world believe and how is that different to what be believe?
How to live well now in the shadow of eternity. One of the characteristics of our time is that people (including Christians) often appear to be living for an eternity of experience within a finite lifespan. Part of our worldview is to understand what impact the Christian hope of eternity makes to our priorities for life today, which is why we teach Revelation.
· Sunday: arrival in Berlin, welcome, introductions, living signposts introduction
· Monday: worldview & belief - looking at Biblical & contemporary worldviews to see points of similarity & conflict, & how those differences shape our reality.
· Tuesday: worldview & belief (part ii) - a continued look at the above, with an emphasis on historical perspectives
· Wednesday: Zeitgeist (meaning the ‘spirit of the age’) - developing our understanding of the big ideas behind contemporary worldview and the implications that these ideas have on the way we live.
· Thursday: Zeitgeist (the ‘spirit of the age’) - continued, part ii
· Friday: Daniel - Faith in Practice - teaching through the early chapters of the book of Daniel, and reflecting on how we follow in Daniel’s footsteps in the workplace and politics .
· Saturday: Art Gallery Visit - a visit to Berlin’s modern art gallery, the "Berlinisher gallery”, to bring together our ideas from worldview & zeitgeist
· Sunday: departures from Berlin
In the evenings we will have a light programme of tutor groups, films, cafes, canoe trips, BBQ’s
Francesco (Course Leader) & Samuel (both teaching on Genesis & Worldview)
Milena & Leah, our Woltersdorf hosts & volunteer cooks !
Marsh Moyle: teaching on cultural influencers & ‘zeitgeist’ – the spirit of our age
Rodica Rosioru: teaching on culture and living with integrity in the workplace
Cost and registration
The cost this year will be €300.
As ever we will fundraise to subsidise the real cost of the programme and also to enable those participants to come for whom this course fee is prohibitive. If you would like to be part of B&C 2019 but cannot afford it please get in touch.